usbmount and user permissions

Hi all

I've recently installed usbmount on Squeeze in order to mount a usb floppy disk drive to read old floppies. However, usbmount has now taken over everytime I mount something using usb and only allows me - as user - to copy from the usb device, not write to it or delete it, and has to be unmounted using sudo umount /media/usb0

My question is: how do I change this so that I can write and umount the usb device as user? So far, I have tried: chown, chgrp and chmod all with no effect. User is also added to all the groups that seem relevant. Research on-line only refers to the chmod, chgrp and chown options as well.

Any further ideas on how to change this please?

Thanks
AG

  • Re: fstab entries for two different pendrives?
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: USB hub problem.
    ... I've a Toshiba USB 3.0 hard disk drive and when I attach it directly to the ... '/dev/sg3' and the mount command refuses to mount it ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Automount
    ... I have installed usbmount that automatically mount and unmount USB mass ... Will USB mount work with a phone and MicroSD cards in the card reader on ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • hi, problem with Canyon portable HDD with USB interface
    ... Can't mount Canyon portable HDD with USB interface ... bfa00000-cfbfffff: PCI Bus #01 ... I/O behind bridge: 0000b000-0000bfff ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: Automount
    ... I have installed usbmount that automatically mount and unmount USB mass ... Will USB mount work with a phone and MicroSD cards in the card reader on ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ... Trouble? ...
    (Debian-User)