Re: xserver-xorg vs. xserver-xorg-video-nouveau

On 2012-01-31 20:29 +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

xserver-xorg includes X and xserver-xorg-video-nouveau includes a borked
Nvidia driver for X.

This "borked" driver works fine for me. YMMV, of course.

Sven,
maintainer of the "borked" package

  • Re: xserver-xorg vs. xserver-xorg-video-nouveau
    ... maintainer of the "borked" package ... All of the little gotchas went away when I switched to nouveau. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: FAIL: where is snes9x?
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Random system freezes - need your input
    ... also I've created a thread on the nvidia forum. ... deleting unreferenced inode 26837949 ... nvidia driver really is the culprit. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • procedure for "abandoned" packages
    ... What is the appropriate procedure that a normal user can follow when a ... package seems completely abandoned by the maintainer. ... to contact the maintainer have gone unanswered for roughly that time. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Advice for troubleshooting X (total screen loss) -- Newb Alert
    ... I cannot alt-Fx to any other terminal and lose the terminal ... Graphics card is an EVGA-branded nVidia 8600GT. ... I would start by changing the nvidia driver to the nv driver in /etc/X11/xorg.conf ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)