Question about HotPlug and cciss hp storage

Hi,

After peel the web to find any information about how to add / remove hard
drive on Debian.
My Hardware is HP ProLiant DL380 G7, with HP Smart Array P410i Controller
version 3.50.

I had preferred soft RAID solution with mdadm. But the only bad point for
me is the Hot Plug.
Could some one help me to add / remove hard drive disk from my server ?

I have tested many solution with "rescan", and i think the solution is not
so far...

I'm sure that at least one Debian user use this hardware and want use hot
plug.
If not, I'm listening for any information about hot plug on any hardware.

Have all a good day.

JG.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: root Passwort
    ... um eingesteckte Hardware automagisch nach ... die Skripten der Distribution - das hat nichts mit SuSE zu tun. ... Die meisten anderen Distributionen ... bei Debian ist ein Upgrade ja nur etwas Theoretisches... ...
    (de.comp.os.unix.linux.misc)
  • Power management on older laptop.
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: root Passwort
    ... Was bekommst du denn laufend für exotische Hardware vorgesetzt? ... ist angeeignetes Wissen nämlich auch gut auf andere Distributionen ... Debian kann man auch auf CD/DVD kaufen. ... was nicht nur an der Notwendigkeit ...
    (de.comp.os.unix.linux.misc)
  • Re: whats up with all the attitude
    ... Debian keeps on turning and monving in the right direction. ... surrounding Linux overall is down, the real world problems of operating ... Windows to get it into a semi-usable state is the source of low morale. ... When they find a piece of hardware which they ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Another "testing" vs "unstable" question
    ... > essentially a Debian system. ... > hardware in fifteen minutes, ... Here's what Progeny says, "Red Hat'sŪ Anaconda is ... x86 hardware, but *everyone* can use the new debian-installer and its ...
    (Debian-User)