Re: Daily built Debian Installer cd kept asking for stable dists.

On Du, 19 feb 12, 17:39:22, Magicloud Magiclouds wrote:
Hi,
Just want to reinstall a debian box, so download the daily built iso
from cdimage.debian.org.
Since I am out of CDR, I simply `cat the_iso.iso > /dev/udisk`.

I think the only image that works when booted from the target media is
the mini.iso (GTK or not), but you need a reasonably good internet
connection because even parts of the installer are downloaded.

Kind regards,
Andrei

  • Re: Daily built Debian Installer cd kept asking for stable dists.
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: whew
    ... |> Dang, nevermind, I'll download the IMAGE FILE AGAIN! ... I think Lou is referring to Adobe's "Easy CD ... | constructive suggestions for how to make Debian easier to use, ... lists your site to over 1500 web search affiliates! ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: what is where in the iso-images
    ... (I used the german debian homepage since ... want a debian with kde, you should download this file: ... found) I need to download THIS CD-Image? ... dependencies as .deb files and install those manually. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • [Debian 6] - unexpected issue with iso images
    ... I am running Debian 5, on my computers that are running Debian. ... I reasoned that using Debian 6 DVD iso images should include all appropriate drivers for installing the operating system. ... I tried to download the new Debian 6.0.1 DVD iso images. ... Then, I tried downloading the 64 bit version, using the http method, in a web browser window. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: windows download
    ... download and burn a CD if they want to convert from Windows to ... because no-one would like to say goodbye to debian;-) ... Windows? ... explain to your friends that the installer doesn't really wipe their OS ...
    (Debian-User)