grub gets confused when I upgrade the kernel
- From: Hendrik Boom <hendrik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 20:54:31 +0000 (UTC)
I have two different Debian systems on my EEEPC -- stable and testing.
Whenever testing installs a new kernel as a result of the routing update,
my grub/menu.list file gets rewritten. WHen it does this, it matches the
kernels I have in one Debian sysstem with the fie-system root I have in
the other. I have to hand-edit menu.list to make things right again,
using static boot stanzas in front of the AUTOMAGIC KERNEL LIST.
(a) Is there any way I can stop this misbehaviour?
(b) If I were to progress to grub2, where I gather I can't take control
of the boot process by editing menu.lst, is there some other way of
making sure things go right? I fear that one of these years, upgrading
to grub2 will become inevitable.
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: All flash videos playing far too quickly - SOLVED
- Next by Date: Re: Nvidia Ion + Xserver problem
- Previous by thread: Essayez ce site !
- Next by thread: Re: grub gets confused when I upgrade the kernel