Re: [Feedback needed] Setting the right size for /tmp

On Thu, Mar 01, 2012 at 02:54:30AM +1300, Chris Bannister wrote:
On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 08:59:38AM +0000, Dom wrote:
I think it would have been nice to have a warning of this change of
behaviour. I have apt-listchanges installed and I'm sure it didn't
notify me of any changes.

True, but there was a "discussion" on debian-devel titled:

"/tmp as tmpfs and consequence for imaging software"

http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2011/11/threads.html#00501

Arrrrgh!!! sorry, should read whole thread first before replying.

-- Napoleon Bonaparte

  • Re: [Feedback needed] Setting the right size for /tmp
    ... "/tmp as tmpfs and consequence for imaging software" ... "Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet." ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: how to increase space for tmpfs /tmp
    ... You don't need to reboot because of the size change. ... One of the good things of a tmpfs is that you can ... I noticed yesterday that Fedora is planning to go for using ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Debian on a 32G USB flashdrive
    ... could move it and some other key directories to the windows ... Anything you'd like to recommend? ... Isn't /tmp on tmpfs done automatically on installation? ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: moving /tmp to RAM on f17
    ... tmpfs /tmp tmpfs defaults 0 0 ... To unsubscribe or change subscription options: ... Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines ...
    (Fedora)
  • Fwd: Re: how to increase space for tmpfs /tmp
    ... and concerns the tmpfs /tmp thread. ... Did you ever drop caches as I ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ... Trouble? ...
    (Debian-User)