MD device not found on boot
- From: Daniel Bareiro <daniel-listas@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2012 06:37:44 -0300
Currently I have a host with Debian GNU/Linux Lenny on which I've
compiled a 2.6.32 kernel (using the Backports source code) to add
support of Layer7 and IMQ.
The package with the Backports kernel binary works well, but when I boot
my compiled kernel, MD device on / is not found. The configuration file
that I took as a reference is the provided by the installed Backports
kernel binary, so I think it should include modules for MD, and then I
could confirm this in the configuration file used to compile my kernel.
Perhaps it is a problem in generating the initrd file? The process I
used to compile and install the kernel is the Debian way, creating a
package then installed with dpkg.
Thanks in advance for your reply.
Fingerprint: BFB3 08D6 B4D1 31B2 72B9 29CE 6696 BF1B 14E6 1D37
Powered by Debian GNU/Linux Lenny - Linux user #188.598
Description: Digital signature
- Prev by Date: Re: Restrict a user to a set of binaries?
- Next by Date: Re: MD device not found on boot
- Previous by thread: RE:mail bounces
- Next by thread: Re: MD device not found on boot