Re: Bug in both update manager and in apt-get

On Wed, 07 Mar 2012 12:27:59 -0300, pierpaolo pilla wrote:

Hi Camaleon

Update

I have realised that there was another error reported once I was
refusing to try checking bug reports again:

E: Failure running script /usr/sbin/apt-listbugs apt || exit 10

(...)

Can you tell why are you using apt-listbugs to get the updates? I mean,
"apt-get upgrade" should manage that for you, right? :-)

By the way I get a strange error when opening emacs from console...

(...)

root@pier:/home/pier# emacs /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/10apt-listbugs.disabled
GConf Error: Failed to contact configuration server; the most common
cause is a missing or misconfigured D-Bus session bus daemon. See
http://projects.gnome.org/gconf/ for information. (Details - 1: Failed
to get connection to session: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes
include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus
security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the
network connection was broken.)

(...)

Don't worry about that, I think it's a know issue when emacs is run from
an X session. Did you "su -" instead just "su"?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

  • Re: Gnome desktop settings borked on testing after reboot
    ... Failed to contact configuration server; ... cause is a missing or misconfigured D-Bus session bus daemon. ... network connection was broken.) ...
    (Debian-User)
  • synaptic/debconf-Fehler: Failed to contact configuration server
    ... the most common cause is a missing or misconfigured D-Bus session bus daemon. ... the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.) ...
    (de.comp.os.unix.apps.gnome)
  • Re: installer fails to configure DHCP
    ... messages on aptitude update attempts and aptitude full-upgrade attempts ... installer it's no wonder the network connection temporarily fails. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-amd64-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • gnome on PowerPC Debian Squeeze: error dialog box when starting root-terminal
    ... you need to enable TCP/IP networking for ORBit, or you have stale NFS locks due to a system crash. ... the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy ... blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.)) ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Remote Install
    ... machine with an x86 processor, no OS, and 160GB of local drive space. ... I want to install Debian Sarge onto it. ... up the network connection via DHCP and run sshd. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)