Re: Bug in both update manager and in apt-get

On Wed, 07 Mar 2012 12:27:59 -0300, pierpaolo pilla wrote:

Hi Camaleon

Update

I have realised that there was another error reported once I was
refusing to try checking bug reports again:

E: Failure running script /usr/sbin/apt-listbugs apt || exit 10

(...)

Can you tell why are you using apt-listbugs to get the updates? I mean,
"apt-get upgrade" should manage that for you, right? :-)

By the way I get a strange error when opening emacs from console...

(...)

root@pier:/home/pier# emacs /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/10apt-listbugs.disabled
GConf Error: Failed to contact configuration server; the most common
cause is a missing or misconfigured D-Bus session bus daemon. See
http://projects.gnome.org/gconf/ for information. (Details - 1: Failed
to get connection to session: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes
include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus
security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the
network connection was broken.)

(...)

Don't worry about that, I think it's a know issue when emacs is run from
an X session. Did you "su -" instead just "su"?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón