Re: vsftp problems

On Tue, 13 Mar 2012 11:49:43 -0700, Gary Roach wrote:

Hi

Hi... please, avoid using html :-)

Setting up vsftp should be a snap. Just follow the howto. Right. With
listen=YES in the .conf file and try to ftp the server from another
system on my network, I get:

On the server:
root@xxxxx2:/etc# service vsftpd start
Started FTP server: vsftpd

Note: ps xaf doesn't show vsftpd to be running

Maybe this:

On the client

root@xxxxxx1:/etc# ftp xxxxxx2
Connected to xxxxxx2.home.
421 Service not available, remote server has closed connection
ftp>

(...)

Mmm, are you using the sparc package?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

  • Re: how to setup ftp server in red hat enterprise level 5
    ... is this need to be done in my server or in DNS server? ... the ftp is meant for our clients to upload and download files. ... I've used vsftpd which is good. ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: User rights to update /var/www/
    ... User rights to update /var/www/ ... On Windows I ran a small ftp server and they ... On the new server I have vsftpd running. ...
    (Fedora)
  • nis user cant access to the vsftp in ubuntu 11.04
    ... Problem: about VSFTPD, now the local users can access to FTP, but nis user can't login to access to FTP, error message is as follows: ... unable to connect to the server ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: FTP server recomendations?
    ... vsftpd comes with FC6, ... stands for Very Secure FTP Daemon. ... Or just use vsftpd on Mandriva. ... I was asking for ftp server software recommendations to see what people ...
    (Fedora)
  • RE: [fw-wiz] OT: FTP Servers
    ... I've had good luck setting up vsftpd on linux recently. ... Security and performance seem to be the twin goals of the server and I've ... making a dedicated ftp server, ... then apply to all of your ftp users. ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)