Re: Problem with trying to instal Debian
- From: Bret Busby <bret@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2012 11:47:53 +0800 (WST)
On Sat, 17 Mar 2012, Lisi wrote:
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2012 04:21:13
From: Lisi <lisi.reisz@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Problem with trying to instal Debian
Resent-Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2012 20:21:33 +0000 (UTC)
On Saturday 17 March 2012 19:56:03 Brian wrote:So you fill in all the fields pertaining to setting up a static address
and certify it is correct when asked.
I almost always set up a static IP. It is very simple. When the installer
asks you, reject the DHCP offer.
The installer does not ask; it automatically goes to setup DHCP.
When that fails, then, and only then, does it ask if I want to set up static IP addresses.
"So once you do know what the question actually is,
you'll know what the answer means."
- Deep Thought,
Chapter 28 of Book 1 of
"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy:
A Trilogy In Four Parts",
written by Douglas Adams,
published by Pan Books, 1992
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: provisioning and configuration tools
- Next by Date: Re: Latest Linux Kernel 3.x.x Series Compiled for Ubuntu and Debian Linux
- Previous by thread: Re: Problem with trying to instal Debian
- Next by thread: Re: Problem with trying to instal Debian