Re: Can no longer mount SDHC card

On 03/22/12 10:47, Camaleón wrote:
To be sincere, I'm still unsure about what log file holds what
information. In openSUSE, the main log was "/var/log/messages" and you
had to look there to see the most relevant information, but here (Debian)
seems to be "/var/log/syslog". Then there are additional small files for
authentication, user and other stuff I never remember which is
disseminated into small registries files.

Take a look at /etc/rsyslog.conf and
man rsyslog.conf rsyslogd
All your questions will be answered (albeit cryptically) there.

Enjoy!
Rick

  • Re: Can no longer mount SDHC card
    ... had to look there to see the most relevant information, ... files for authentication, user and other stuff I never remember which ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ... Trouble? ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: testsaslauth works but sendmail will not authenticate -- please help.
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Desktop user: Etch or the next testing?
    (Debian-User)
  • RE: Which IM, blog and email service are best for debian users?