Re: Unneeded directory..from what?

On Mon, 2012-03-26 at 17:30 +0000, Camaleón wrote:
On Mon, 26 Mar 2012 12:20:01 -0500, John W. Foster wrote:

I'm doing some cleaning of my system and while looking for an answer to
another issue, I discovered this
file: /etc/default/kdm.d/10_desktop-base

I do not use kde at all and have never installed it on this system. I
see nothing showing 'residual' files or configs installed, so where did
this come from, & can I just delete it? frosty

The file is part of "desktop-base" package, I also have it installed in
Lenny. As long as I have the package installed, I wouldn't touch it.

sm01@stt008:~$ dpkg -l | grep desktop-base
ii desktop-base 5.0.3 common files for the Debian Desktop

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Yes I see the problem. I actually discovered the source of the
dependency right after I mailed the list. Thanks for replying, I've
decided to just leave it. Wish there was a Debian setup protocol that
would allow selecting Gnome or Kde, etc. & the installer would use
packages that would simply not have the unneeded files in them. Seems
that would go a long ways towards eliminating bugs. But I am not a
developer & am very grateful for their efforts.
Thanks
frosty