Re: reboot hangs
- From: Scott Ferguson <scott.ferguson.debian.user@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 13:02:05 +1100
On 28/03/12 12:24, Miles Fidelman wrote:
Maybe somebody can suggest a fix:
I have an old tower machine - a homebrew that I use as a sandbox. Just
loaded it up with a copy of squeeze, and a xen installation - works
- shutdown -h works just fine
- reboot goes down, gives the console message "restarting system", then
On an earlier installation (Lenny, x86 install) adding "reboot=bios"
solved the problem. This time around - 64bit image (amd64), squeeze,
none of the reboot=[....] parameters seem to make a difference. (I note
that the Debian installer documentation indicates that reboot=bios only
works with x86).
Any suggestions? Any configuration things I should try to uncover that
might help find a solution (I don't have paperwork on the box, anymore -
so it's going to be a matter of running various probes to figure out
what's on the motherboard and such - suggested commands welcome.)
I suspect you've already thought of this but... could it be an ACPI
problem? I use a number of older machines for development - some require
acpi=force to shutdown properly or they just hang at the last stage of halt.
Iceweasel/Firefox/Chrome/Chromium/Iceape/IE extensions for finding
answers to Debian questions:-
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- reboot hangs
- From: Miles Fidelman
- reboot hangs
- Prev by Date: reboot hangs
- Next by Date: hp tc4200 tablet pen input howto?
- Previous by thread: reboot hangs
- Next by thread: 2nd try: reboot hangs