printer Kyocera FSC-5100DN

Hey guys,

Debian testing (wheezy) has recognized the network printer Kyocera
FSC-5100DN correctly, I have first taken the driver offered by Debian
and then the one offered by Kyocera. If I print I standard text
document created for eg. by Libre Office, it works fine. If I want to
print a PDF produced by pdfLaTex, it might print one page but if I
print a larger amount, I get the following printout error message:

ERROR:
undefined
OFFENDING COMMAND:
STACK:
--nostringval--
133

and nothing is printed anymore. KPDL is put on AUTO and I have to say,
that in Ubuntu 11.10, the printer is recognized as well and the native
Ubuntu driver has been install. On this computer, printing of the same
document works without any problems. I can print the docs only if I
generate PS files. Furthermore, I have to mention that there was once
some problem on Ubuntu systems wich might be related:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/foomatic-db/+bug/442451

Attached a PDF where this problem appears. Is there a way to take the
Ubuntu PPD file? And if, how I get it to try on the Debian system?

Thanks!

  • AW: AW: configuration center in debian?
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Using Ubuntu when Im used to Debian.
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: installing debian
    ... Is it possible to totally replace the android system on my 7" asus memo with ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ... Rather than blow away Android completely at this point, today, you might want to look at the Ubuntu touch ... [This only because Debian is more widely focussed on all sorts of things other than ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Accessing Repositories with Lenny
    ... I used the disk that came with 'Linux Journal', Sept 2008, Debian 5.0 'Lenny' Test. ... With the latest MadWiFi drivers Ubuntu Hardy recognised the AP but would not accept the WEP Key. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: [OT I think] Which Distro?