Re: how to increase space for tmpfs /tmp

On 2012-03-28 19:12:27 +0100, Brian wrote:
But defaults are defaults. Files in /etc/default can be altered.

This is OK for system-wide settings, such as:

Do I really want portmap to listen on all interfaces? Do I want CUPS
to load a driver for a parallel port printer when I do not have one.

but /tmp is used by end users, who may have different needs, even
if they use the same applications. What if some user wants tmpfs
while some other user (on the same machine) prefers a large /tmp
size? If this can't be determined at the user-level side, there
should be at least some documentation to describe what can be done
with /tmp and what shouldn't be.

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent@xxxxxxxxxx> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.net/>

  • xorg - nv driver
    ... I have problems running xorg's nv driver with my nvidia card. ... Load "extmod" ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: cant load fglrx
    ... > 2.6.14 patch with ' vesafb',but now i can't load ... > the fglrx modules, ... that is supposed to tell you which version of the driver to download, ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Setting up HP J4580 on Debian?