Re(2): Line wrapping and message retrieval in Icedove.

* From: Camale&#xF3;n <noelamac@xxxxxxxxx>
* Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 16:37:14 +0000 (UTC)
You can force a non-break line for that paragraph by selecting
"preformatted" text in the message composer editor.

* From: Scott Ferguson <scott.ferguson.debian.user@xxxxxxxxx>
* Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 17:53:08 +1100
All readable this end of the tube - and the url for your photo will work
too. Perhaps you're getting dynamic wrap (to window) confused with line
break (new line)?

Yes! Iceweasel wrapping is similar to a browser; except
that dynamic wrapping in Iceweasel conforms to a specified
number of characters whereas most browsers wrap to fit
the window---or "viewer" as Nick Wirth would say. And yes,
URI are not broken, although they appear so in the composer.

... expect complaint from list readers who *don't* want to
filter out your messages *and don't* want to scroll across the screen to
read every bloody line.

Forgot to mention that my right hand has a small finger and
it seems compelled to strike the Enter key when the line
gets to about 72 characters. =8~) Ref. Lamport, _LaTeX_, page 91.

PGP won't validate if a message is modified - so <pre> must be forced
onto HTML before signing/encryption.

We were at crossed purposes here. I was just complaining
about HTML which runs on for hundreds of characters without
a line break. I don't put HTML into a message except an
attachment for a legitimate purpose.

Currently I can send a message using mutt or iceweasel or
ETH Native Oberon or a Web based interface to the server.
FWIIW almost all of my messages are sent with ETHNO. Just
my eccentric tastes.

Thanks for the help, ... Peter E.

Telephone 1 360 639 0202. bcc: peter at
" "