Re: OT: favorite free-software email-subscription / feeds.

Good time of the day, Camaleón.

Thank You for Your time and extended answer!
You worte:

Well, I am new to RSS, I have tried it w/ claws-mail plug-in and did not
like that I was unable to remove the read feeds permanently - that is it
was removed until next feeds update. Therefore, I like email
subscriptions more.

I see.

I can't tell for RRSyl plugin because I don't know how it works nor what
it supports/features but many RSS readers can be configured in that
regard (when/what to delete/archive), but what I do with RSS feeds is
just keeping them for a period of time (which varies depending on the
number of the updates a channel provides) and then they are automatically
replaced by new content, which is the default approach, I guess. I don't
store them in the disk unless Liferea (my rss reader) is doing it to keep
its own caching.

Seems I have to forget about the claws-mail plug-in and try the
specialized programs - For I like order and the mixture of read/unread
messages is annoying to me.

The one subscription I had before time wearied me w/ their swearing
(basically in linux software - I understand that the developers involved
may be immoral - but why spread it by news makers?!) so I had to decline
it. :o/ And now I am looking for replacement.

Fair decision.

Oh! Thank You! I feel inspired to go on for good! :o)

And now you tell, I was subscribed by e-mail to some techie magazines
written in Spanish ("Kriptopolis", "RED"...) but I quitted because their
editoral line was somehow changed as times goes on and well, I didn't
like much the new one. I suppose the argument will sound you fairly
familar ;-)

May be. :o)

Why do You prefer feeds over email, in case it is not a secret? ;o)

<joking mode on>
I can tell you the secret but I'll have to destroy you afterwards...
</joking mode off>

Oh that's the end! :o)

Because I consider news (rss feeds) to be a "temporary" source of bits
(read and ditch) I don't want to "store" anywhere but just help to keep
me updated/informed (they also allow me to avoid browsing the newspapers
websites full of advertizing materials). Basically, I use rss feeds as a
modern incarnation of the teletype: it's fast, simple and gets to the
point.

Well. I think the email subscription of news does the same - first sends
You the material You have chosen, then You can easily delete it as any
other message. Seems same to tme? - But what is comfortable - I use the
very same program - the email client for both, whereas in case of using
feeds - I have to use for the very same purposes already two programs - I
can not call it wise, or s oit seems to me.

For e-mails I have a quite different (and costly) policy, I store
messages for years and years... and years. Yup, I know, like someone
suffering from "Diogenes syndrome" but for e-mails O:-)

Oh, then I see the difference for You. ;o)

OK. Thank You, Camaleón for Your letter - it is always a pleasure and
profit to me - to read from You. ;o)

Have a good time!

Sthu.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Download Mobile Free RSS Reader - For Daily News, Sports, Business & Entertainment.
    ... Thank you for letting us all know THREE TIMES there are now 345,652 RSS readers instead of the 345,651 RSS readers which existed before you spammed ... can create customized feeds and access them thru this application. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.mobile)
  • Re: Programming with Feeds
    ... programming with 'feed' data. ... humidity, pressure, etc-- and to create my own graphic interface. ... for feeds and there is a large body of RSS readers and XSLT based ...
    (comp.programming)
  • Re: OT: favorite free-software email-subscription / feeds.