Re: [OT] Posting styles

Does signing "in-line" specifically mean typing my name into a given email,
or does it include also whatever signature text I've told my email program
to append automatically?

Lisi wrote:
On Saturday 07 April 2012 20:44:43 Joey Hess wrote:
If you're at least some of the time sending mail that is important to be
reliably attributed to you, it *absolutely* makes sense to sign that
mail. If you're signing some mail, you might as well sign all of it, as
this will habituate people to expect your mail to be signed, and avoid
you needing to decide what's important enough to sign. It also acts as a
nice signal that you can handle encrypted mail, which needs to be used
more widely.

Yes, but not everyone signs in-line. You don't, for example.

Lisi

  • Re: [OT] Posting styles
    ... Nobody in signing thinks a signature is ... there are other people who are signing ... which are sent to mailing lists. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: [OT] Posting styles
    ... or does it include also whatever signature text I've told my email program ... I don't know the RFC, but the PGP/MIME is in RFC 3156. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • RE: Signing before Encryption and Signing after Encryption
    ... I don't understand how a signature can work with a shared key. ... Signing before Encryption and Signing after Encryption ... University program offers unparalleled Infosec management education and the ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Digital Signatures and signing the PDF dcouments
    ... Digital Signatures can be added to the PDF documents. ... Many Digital Signature solutions allow documents of PDF format to be ... Digital signing solution can also be used to encrypt the ... encryption into Business to Consumer applications in verticals ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Certificate compromises?
    ... relative merits of signing against a *single* keyset ... And, developers have largely ... verify signature at "install time" and thus eliminate the need ... and can be used as the basis for both encryption and signing. ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)