Re: OT: favorite free-software email-subscription / feeds.

On Sun, 08 Apr 2012 22:15:21 +0700, Sthu Deus wrote:

Good time of the day, Camaleón.

Thank You for Your time and answer:

(snipped)

As I said, I think they're following different targets although the
above is not always so, I mean, you can find a company using e-mail
based alerts in a very similar way it does RSS and viceversa (you can
get very, very long and detailed RSS feeds, holding images, audio,
etc...).

PK. You have convicted me w/ advantages of feeds over email.

Hope this has no bad drawbacks :-)

One thing that troubles my hearts - is it possible in the readers to
remove items in a way that it never appears again on the list when the
feeds are updated?

I have tried w/ liferea - and it truly has more features than the
claws-mail's plug-in - but to my sorrow it again re-lists the removed
items so that I read through it again.

Any idea? OR You simply discern it by read/unread tokens in font?

Mmmm, there's an option (for every feed source) you can configure to
disable cache, not sure about what it does :-?

But now you tell... I have no special configuration for the feeds (all
use cache and are automatically managed by the app) but if I manually
deleted one feed, quit from Liferea, start it again and I update that rss
chanel, the feed I deleted is not coming back.

I'm using and old Liferea (1.4.18) so this could have been changed in
updated versions (or can be indeed seen as a bug :-P). What version are
you running?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

  • Feed Editor Lite 2.8: Create, Edit, and Publish RSS feeds
    ... Company: ExtraLabs Software ... create new RSS feeds from scratch, or modify and enhance existing RSS ... Compared to other RSS editors in its category, Feed Editor Lite ...
    (comp.software.shareware.announce)
  • OT: RSS feed server software?
    (Debian-User)
  • RE: [Full-disclosure] Google Reader "preview" and "lens" scriptimproper feed val
    ... RSS feed hijacking will soon become commonplace for worm to easily enter user systems through RSS feeds or news aggregators.. ... Google Reader "preview" and "lens" scriptimproper ... Google Reader "preview" and "lens" script improper feed validation ... Google Reader helps organise the contents of those rss or atom feeds for which the user is interested in or subscribed to. ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: posting content to rec.radio.broadcasting
    ... news feed of radio or shortwave or broadcasting. ... aggregator sites that focus on broadcasting for a certain area. ... declined to have rec.radio.broadcasting forward daily RSS feeds of their ... One of the challenges of other possible news feeds is to keep them ...
    (rec.radio.broadcasting)
  • Re: Whats better than Google Groups?
    ... what would replace Google Groups advantageously? ... > I've never used TbirdMoz for a newsreader. ... > RSS things to me that were going on in a group which I didn't visit very ... > formats for feeds. ...
    (news.software.readers)