Re: OT: favorite free-software email-subscription / feeds.

On Sun, 08 Apr 2012 15:58:19 +0000, Camaleón wrote:

I have tried w/ liferea - and it truly has more features than the
claws-mail's plug-in - but to my sorrow it again re-lists the removed
items so that I read through it again.

Any idea? OR You simply discern it by read/unread tokens in font?

Mmmm, there's an option (for every feed source) you can configure to
disable cache, not sure about what it does :-?

But now you tell... I have no special configuration for the feeds (all
use cache and are automatically managed by the app) but if I manually
deleted one feed, quit from Liferea, start it again and I update that
rss chanel, the feed I deleted is not coming back.

I'm using and old Liferea (1.4.18) so this could have been changed in
updated versions (or can be indeed seen as a bug :-P).

(...)

Oops, that seems to be the case:

Liferea downloads again and again deleted feed entries
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/liferea/+bug/659914

If that "logic" still applies, maybe you have to search a "new home" for
your feeds :-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

  • Re: is there no sane, minimal, graphical RSS feed reader in existance?
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Console news aggregator: snownews with atom2rss
    ... I use Liferea heavily, and I've even filed a number of bugs against ... usage when updating (I do have a fair number of feeds). ... foffl.sourceforge.net - Feeds OFFLine, an offline RSS/Atom aggregator ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: OT: favorite free-software email-subscription / feeds.