Re: OT: favorite free-software email-subscription / feeds.

Good time of the day, Camaleón.

Thank You for Your time and answer.
You worte:

PK. You have convicted me w/ advantages of feeds over email.

Hope this has no bad drawbacks :-)

We'll see. :o)

One thing that troubles my hearts - is it possible in the readers to
remove items in a way that it never appears again on the list when
the feeds are updated?

I have tried w/ liferea - and it truly has more features than the
claws-mail's plug-in - but to my sorrow it again re-lists the removed
items so that I read through it again.

Any idea? OR You simply discern it by read/unread tokens in font?

Mmmm, there's an option (for every feed source) you can configure to
disable cache, not sure about what it does :-?

I will tell You what it does. :o) - Adjusting it I have the number of
the items I can see for present: say, I set it to zero - I see nothing
at all, 10 - 10, and so on. But it in no way helps me in keep things in
order - after I have read all the items (say, cache is set to 10) -
then on feed update I get those very same feeds - just less in
number. :o)

But now you tell... I have no special configuration for the feeds (all
use cache and are automatically managed by the app) but if I manually
deleted one feed, quit from Liferea, start it again and I update that
rss chanel, the feed I deleted is not coming back.

Well, to me it behaves same way - no matter to quit or stay - on update
all deleted items appear again. :o(

I'm using and old Liferea (1.4.18) so this could have been changed in
updated versions (or can be indeed seen as a bug :-P). What version
are you running?

I believe so it was w/ me, but w/ new one it is a dilemma. - Nice You
have mentioned that - I forgot that fact - so, I will bug report it.

Sthu.

  • Re: unavailables RSS feeds on debian.net
    ... They are unavailable since I installed Liferea. ... I'd like to know if those feeds are definitively stopped or provided at ... There is also an unanswered bug: ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: is there no sane, minimal, graphical RSS feed reader in existance?
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: piece of mind (Re: Moderated posts?)
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: piece of mind (Re: Moderated posts?)
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: OT: RSS feed server software?