netinst CD image - too big, vaguely specified?

http://www.debian.org/CD/faq/#netinst says in part:
"This single CD contains *just the minimal amount* of software to start the installation and fetch the remaining packages over the Internet." [emphasis *added*]

I've browsed through debian-6.0.4-i386-netinst.list. It appears to contains files of unlikely interest to me (C compiler and header files, firewire, traceroute, etc).

I also did not find any description of how fine the user control of packages to be downloaded is.

  • What is the location of the directory of the directory of C header files that match your running ker
    ... i want to install vmware 5.5 workstation on my debian linux. ... What is the location of the directory of C header files that match your ... i installed header files and kernel source with apt-get. ... i installed Debian with network installation and it works fine. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: pb with OID_802_11_BSSID_LIST_SCAN
    ... Paul, once again, thank you very much. ... My solution for the RFSSIDList sample was to just add an include ... > the evaluation version of PB 4.2 and use the header files exactly as I've ... >> PB I always have an error during the installation. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsce.embedded.vc)
  • Re: pb with OID_802_11_BSSID_LIST_SCAN
    ... Paul, once again, thank you very much. ... My solution for the RFSSIDList sample was to just add an include ... > the evaluation version of PB 4.2 and use the header files exactly as I've ... >> PB I always have an error during the installation. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsce.app.development)
  • Re: pb with OID_802_11_BSSID_LIST_SCAN
    ... Paul, once again, thank you very much. ... My solution for the RFSSIDList sample was to just add an include ... > the evaluation version of PB 4.2 and use the header files exactly as I've ... >> PB I always have an error during the installation. ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc.developer.networking)
  • Re: How to add self-compiled kernel module in debian installation
    ... I managed to compile the megaraid_sas module by using an older version of it. ... How to add self-compiled kernel module in debian installation ... So you finally managed to compile the driver for Debian, ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)