Re: [OT] Manually verifying PGP/MIME signature with GPG

On Tue, 10 Apr 2012 10:00:44 +0100, Jon Dowland wrote:

On 09/04/12 17:54, Camaleón wrote:
Look at "man gpg", there must be also an option here for verifiying the
signature.

On the one hand, I think the energy and enthusiasm to which you bring to
helping people on -user is admirable.

Your welcome.

On the other, sometimes your replies are information-free, or even
misleading.

Misleading what, exactly?

Both "gpg" and "smime" can verify signatures, that's what Mutt and other
e-mail clients do use. The fact that this mailing list does not provide
an archive to get the raw messages with attachments does not change the
above.

Anyway, I get the posts through a nntp news server (Gmane), I don't know -
because I've not tried- if the header information provided would be
enough to be able to verify the signature manually.

If you don't know, please refrain from guessing!

Refrain yourself from reading :-/

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

  • debmirror balks on armhf, when adding armhf to i386,amd64 archive pool
    ... Good signature from "Debian Archive Automatic Signing Key ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Width of line
    ... monitors small, and disk space expensive. ... Just don't go crazy. ... It is a signature for one politics forum. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: ATTN: Barbara Oncay
    ... I surmised that after reading the thread - but ISTR being able to see ... it would display the signature block and then any extra signature lines ... In those cases there's a Text pane and a Attachment ... have any unsubscribe line at all. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: [OT] Posting styles
    ... Spam control using SPF maybe?? ... messages come from valid mailers. ... If the signature was valid, those of us that do use Engimail *wouldn't* ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: ATTN: Barbara Oncay
    ... Not to add more fuel to the fire - I use sylpheed on Etch and I see ... the same thing in your message -no signature, ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)