Re: [OT] Manually verifying PGP/MIME signature with GPG

On Tue, 10 Apr 2012 10:00:44 +0100, Jon Dowland wrote:

On 09/04/12 17:54, Camaleón wrote:
Look at "man gpg", there must be also an option here for verifiying the
signature.

On the one hand, I think the energy and enthusiasm to which you bring to
helping people on -user is admirable.

Your welcome.

On the other, sometimes your replies are information-free, or even
misleading.

Misleading what, exactly?

Both "gpg" and "smime" can verify signatures, that's what Mutt and other
e-mail clients do use. The fact that this mailing list does not provide
an archive to get the raw messages with attachments does not change the
above.

Anyway, I get the posts through a nntp news server (Gmane), I don't know -
because I've not tried- if the header information provided would be
enough to be able to verify the signature manually.

If you don't know, please refrain from guessing!

Refrain yourself from reading :-/

Greetings,

--
Camaleón