Re: Squid as default gateway in proxy mode.
- From: Joe <joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2012 13:29:04 +0100
On Sat, 14 Apr 2012 12:40:26 +0200
Pascal Hambourg <pascal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Joe wrote :
only TCP and UDP have 'ports'
No. ICMP does not have ports, but other protocols such as SCTP and
DCCP have ports too.
Yes, I do realise there are others, but they are not among the
half-dozen or so which are likely to be encountered by someone new to
iptables, only two of which use the concept of ports. It is easy for
someone accustomed to getting Windows games working through routers to
assume that all IP protocols use ports.
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: Trouble with Nvidia driver
- Next by Date: Re: OT: favorite free-software email-subscription / feeds.
- Previous by thread: Re: Squid as default gateway in proxy mode.
- Next by thread: Re: Squid as default gateway in proxy mode.