Re: Icedove setting

On Wed, 18 Apr 2012 00:20:32 +0800, lina wrote:

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 9:46 PM, Camaleón <noelamac@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I noticed the google use 465 as SMTP port.

Every e-mail provider can use a different combo for authentication/
configuration/port but you have to stick to what Outlook Live service
needs. I mean, what Gmail needs it cannot work for Yahoo! or Hotmail

(Nice seeing your reply, shake hands, virtual though.)

Have you noticed that in icedove --> Edit --> Account Settings

At the bottom of the left column, there is one item calls: Outgoing
Server (SMTP),
click it, there is an option to choose the default outgoing server
settings. I chose google one as default.

Yes, I know you can have multiple outgoing servers configured (in fact, I
do have a bunch) but there are some e-mail providers that will reject
sending e-mails which don't come from their own address (
and you still don't have your Outlook Live setup correctly ;-)

Set Up Mozilla Thunderbird 3.0 for Your E-Mail Account

Yes, I followed exactly with minor tweak in port.

No "minor tweaks" my lady ;-), you have to configure the smtp server as
they say, which means you have to search for the proper "smtp settings"
as the video at the bottom explains ("How do I find the server

If you are convinced you're using the right data for the smtp server and
still getting an error, try to setup the same account from another e-mail
client (better from an outlookized machine to discard a windowsity
anomaly) and see how it goes. Should this neither works, I would contact
the Outlook Live assistance/technical support service and explain your