Re: Icedove setting

On Wed, 18 Apr 2012 00:20:32 +0800, lina wrote:

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 9:46 PM, Camaleón <noelamac@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

(...)

I noticed the google use 465 as SMTP port.

Every e-mail provider can use a different combo for authentication/
configuration/port but you have to stick to what Outlook Live service
needs. I mean, what Gmail needs it cannot work for Yahoo! or Hotmail
or...

Hi,

(Nice seeing your reply, shake hands, virtual though.)

:-)

Have you noticed that in icedove --> Edit --> Account Settings

At the bottom of the left column, there is one item calls: Outgoing
Server (SMTP),
click it, there is an option to choose the default outgoing server
settings. I chose google one as default.

Yes, I know you can have multiple outgoing servers configured (in fact, I
do have a bunch) but there are some e-mail providers that will reject
sending e-mails which don't come from their own address (@example.com)
and you still don't have your Outlook Live setup correctly ;-)

Set Up Mozilla Thunderbird 3.0 for Your E-Mail Account
http://help.outlook.com/en-us/140/ee958689.aspx

Yes, I followed exactly with minor tweak in port.

No "minor tweaks" my lady ;-), you have to configure the smtp server as
they say, which means you have to search for the proper "smtp settings"
as the video at the bottom explains ("How do I find the server
settings?").

If you are convinced you're using the right data for the smtp server and
still getting an error, try to setup the same account from another e-mail
client (better from an outlookized machine to discard a windowsity
anomaly) and see how it goes. Should this neither works, I would contact
the Outlook Live assistance/technical support service and explain your
problem.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

  • Re: Error 0X80040900 - need help bad!
    ... 'The server name you entered cannot be found on the network (it might ... Your outbound mail server is notifying you that it could not do a DNS ... Your e-mail provider may ... host wasn't found, not that an authenticated mail server isn't listed at ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.general)
  • Re: Microsoft Outlook 2002 Error
    ... internal error. ... server administrator or internet service provider. ... Apparently Cox is your SMTP provider. ... Since it is YOUR e-mail provider saying that they won't process your ...
  • Re: Help for ISA Server 2004 SE using POP3/SMTP
    ... connector on the server and send it to your users Exchange mailbox or are ... you trying to get POP3 mail with Outlook directly from your E-mail provider? ... If you run the CEICW wizzard and supply the correct answers ISA will be ... will post the caps of ip config after 3 hrs. Please stay with this ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Can you access your MobileMe website using Fetch?
    ... I've never used iWeb or MobileMe); and I have access to, and have used, ... behavior under a couple of common web server software packages. ... Fastmail.fm, which is mainly an e-mail provider, includes ... Other cheap hosts ...
    (comp.sys.mac.apps)