Re: how to retrieve info from a bad disk?

Gary Dale <garydale@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

On 21/04/12 11:22 AM, abdelkader belahcene wrote:

Is there another rescue software ??

Firstly, copy the entire disk to another one of the same or larger
size by booting from a live distro such as sysrecuecd and using dd
(e.g. dd if=/dev/sda of=/dev/sdb).

Check out ddrescue as a replacement for dd, too. I've had luck with it
when some files were partially corrupted, but it's been years since I
used it.

Bill

  • RE: :Text::FindAndReplaceAll()
    (comp.lang.perl.tk)
  • RE: :Text::FindAndReplaceAll()
    (comp.lang.perl.tk)
  • RE: :Text::FindAndReplaceAll()
    (comp.lang.perl.tk)
  • Re: replacement for formmail
    ... I just started working for someone who is using it and we are trying to lock his sites down more than they have been in the past and are looking for a replacement. ... A buggy, insecure perl script used for sending mail from a website. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • RE: :Text::FindAndReplaceAll()