Re: fsck forced when using /sbin/shutdown

On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 11:54, Steven Post <redalert.commander@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'm thinking about it, there are only 2 applications running right
before that command gets executed.
- Vuze
- pgl-gui (peerguardian for Linux)

The complete script actually looks like this:
vlc -f play
killall java
sudo /sbin/shutdown -h +2

vlc is started full screen with playlist file "play", the last item in
the playlist tells vlc to exit. Then "killall java" is executed to tell
vuze to terminate (failing to do so results in vuze complaining about
suddenly being stopped, due to the shutdown procedure).
That is also the reason for the 1 minute delay, so as to give Vuze
enough time to properly terminate. I had no problems with this before
the reinstall.

I'll remember to stop pgl-gui today, if that doesn't fix it, I'm out of
ideas.

Is it possible to shutdown vuze gracefully instead of killing java out
from under it?
Or there are a lot of torrent clients that are likely to be better
behaved than vuze...

Cheers,
Kelly Clowers