Re: 2TB USB hard drive for backing up

On 21/04/12 19:34, Camaleón wrote:
I'm against big partitions (500 GiB is the limit I have auto-imposed to
my systems) so I would make 4 slices and spread the data over them.
Anyway, I don't think you are going to have any problem to manage a
single partition of 2 TiB, even more if you plain to store plain data
(not a bootable system) there.

I have ext4 in one partition of 1.8 Tb or so. It takes about 40 min to chkfs... just something to bear in mind...

Its very convenient to have a large sack to toss the stuff, but it has its own set of drawbacks :)

greets!
aL

  • Re: Current user friendly documentation of Debian repository structure and use???
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Delete 4 million files
    ... was all on a single partition. ... to unlink it all. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ... Trouble? ...
    (Debian-User)