ethernet device assignments

In trying to track down some networking problems, I swapped the ethernet adapter in my server. Since re-booting, it has been assigned the moniker eth2 rather than eth1 (the motherbaord device is eth0).

So, how do I reset the second adapter to become eth1 again?

--
Tony van der Hoff | mailto:tony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Buckinghamshire, England |

  • Re: ethernet device assignments
    ... ethernet adapter in my server. ... how do I reset the second adapter to become eth1 again? ... Distribute Free Software -- ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Ethernet detect
    ... When I try and install Debian Sarge ... it will not detect the ethernet adapter. ... Have you tried the "linux26" install option? ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Ethernet detect
    ... When I try and install Debian Sarge ... it will not detect the ethernet adapter. ... Have you tried the "linux26" install option? ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Ethernet detect
    ... When I try and install Debian Sarge ... it will not detect the ethernet adapter. ... recent netinst to detect the ethernet. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)