Re: X server: connection refused
- From: Indulekha <indulekha@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 1 May 2012 22:36:51 -0500
On Tue, May 01, 2012 at 09:53:55PM -0500, Charles Kroeger wrote:
On Wed, 02 May 2012 02:00:02 +0200
Indulekha <indulekha@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Appears you no longer have the xserver installed.
Upgrade get interrupted, or finish with errors perhaps?
Thanks for your response however I'm not sure it isn't something else as all
the nividia-glx 295.40-1 sources and drivers inclusive of dkms sources and
kernel and even the xserver-xorg-video-nvidia Xorg driver are all still
installed. There was nothing in regard to the xserver removed, something to
do with X11 or X maybe. I suspect they're screwing their nuts back at the X11
someone screwed up
Perhaps I am mistaken, or was just unclear -- sorry.
By "the xserver" I mean xserver-xorg, not the xserver drivers you
mention (dang my colloquially-inclined rural Southern hide). :)
Try "sudo aptitude show xserver-xorg", see if it's installed or not...
If so, check the same with "xinit".
❤ ♫ ❤ ♫ ❤ ♫ ❤
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: X server: connection refused
- Next by Date: Which running apps can I safely get rid of?
- Previous by thread: Re: X server: connection refused
- Next by thread: Re: X server: connection refused