Swap space not used
- From: Bret Busby <bret@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 2 May 2012 15:48:30 +0800 (WST)
I am running Debian 6.
When I installed it, I had a swap partition of about 40GB set up, as is shown by gparted.
But, for some strnge reason, Debian 6will not use the swap space, even though gparted shows it to be "Active".
Instead of Debian 6 using the swap[ partition, it just runs out of memory, progressively, requiring rebooting every few days.
Why is this so?
Thank you in anticipation.
"So once you do know what the question actually is,
you'll know what the answer means."
- Deep Thought,
Chapter 28 of Book 1 of
"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy:
A Trilogy In Four Parts",
written by Douglas Adams,
published by Pan Books, 1992
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: Solved: Re: Can't install flashplugin.nonfree. ERROR: wget failed to download
- Next by Date: dist-upgrades on sid (was: X server: connection refused)
- Previous by thread: Themes and unreadable text
- Next by thread: Re: Swap space not used