Re: problem with video display in X

On 5/4/12, Camaleón <noelamac@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, 04 May 2012 14:19:42 -0400, Long Wind wrote:

Xorg seems to be happier in Lenny so maybe something have changed in
between that makes it now to fail.

Okay, so you can start with the simplest of the steps and proceed with
the first option I suggested (rename the current "xorg.conf" and restart
the computer to let the X server automatically detects the card's
capabilities) and then tell us how it goes.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

I install debian 6 and find X doesn't work,
so I add the xorg.conf file to the /etc/X11 directory.
the xorg.conf maybe from lenny (my memory is poor)

  • Re: Problem with fonts in console
    ... I had no such problem with Debian Lenny, ... configured my console fonts such method without any problems). ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Problem with fonts in console
    ... I had no such problem with Debian Lenny, ... configured my console fonts such method without any problems). ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: device name problem after update
    ... Once it's hda1 then is hdc1 and keeps flip-flopping. ...  Are you sure you are using Lenny, i.e. stable, as opposed to ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Fw: New Lenny to Squeeze install problems on ASUS eee
    ... New Lenny to Squeeze install problems on ASUS eee ... I saw that there was a backport after the update, but thanks, anyway. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: device name problem after update
    ... I'm aware of an issue with naming devices in Squeeze, ...  Are you sure you are using Lenny, i.e. stable, as opposed to ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ... deb-src http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ lenny main contrib non-free ...
    (Debian-User)