Re: GRUB: "error incompatible license. Entering rescue mode..."

GRUB 3 and GRUB Legacy are GNU GPL 3+
http://www.vmware.com/ ?

It's not unusual that there are issues regarding to licenses.

The Linux kernel-rt and the proprietary Nvidia driver do have licenses
issues too. Not funny since nv is dropped.

- Ralf

  • Re: Is grub perfect? (was Re: Does LXDE really require lightdm?)
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: No more GRUB legacy at install time since wheezy?
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Update GRUB to GRUB2 / Lenny to Squeeze
    ... But you can for grub-install. ... crypto, boot, part_msdos, ext2, fshelp, biosdisk ... respective file for GRUB legacy won't help, ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Iceweasel and DRM
    ... Ask your attorney. ... to undermine the creditability of content licenses? ... Computer memory is nothing but fancy paper, ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Alternatives to grub and lilo? was grub2 menu problems
    ... I'd like something like LILO that understands ext4. ... I suspect that grub legacy from Debian/*buntus is able to boot into ext4 ... to boot FreeBSD without a chainload ... ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)