Re: about java and wheezy

On 13/05/12 01:28 PM, Francesco Pietra wrote:
Hi

Installation of openjdk-6-jdk in wheezy i386 would lead to deletion of
much gnome, including openoffice, with reinstallation of gnome and
abiword, but not of openoffice/libreoffice, if I understand.
Otherwise, java is often useful.

Any suggestion about?

thanks

francesco pietra

OpenOffice is usually not in a modern disto like Wheezy. Instead it uses LibreOffice. I have LibreOffice and openjdk working fine in Wheezy with or without Gnome (I normally use KDE but installed Gnome to try it out and to use when KDE gives me problems in Wheezy).

If openjdk is replacing a different jdk, it could be that the removal/reinstallation is really updating the jdk setup and links.

  • Re: about java and wheezy
    ... Installation of openjdk-6-jdk in wheezy i386 would lead to deletion of ... much gnome, including openoffice, with reinstallation of gnome and ... OpenOffice is usually not in a modern disto like Wheezy. ... and openjdk-6-jdk. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • fairly dumb question about icewm floppy icon and desktop software....
    ... This was a slow process and involved a certain amount of farting around in the installation but in the end it worked. ... One thing is that I can't seem to find any icon for the floppy like there is in gnome. ... Another problem I have is that Openoffice takes ages to load and I think the machine is struggling a bit with it. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Word processor for 6.1
    ... >> AbiWord and OpenOffice both require Gnome, ... > KOffice 1.5 has OpenDocument support. ... want to introduce your kid to UNIX then buy a Mac... ... Although the MAC may be a good choice, FreeBSD with Openoffice might well ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Debian Wheezy, Gnome 3, and nVidia graphics cards
    ... an nVidia GeForce 9800 GTX+ graphics card. ... I am running Gnome launched from GDM3. ... I tried replacing the nVidia driver with nouveau but couldn't get that to ... My Wheezy system is up to date so everything is at version levels you'd ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Fedora 9 Issues:
    ... with any consistancy are the KDE applications. ... Forget about Gnome applications - Evolution ... It interfaces with OpenOffice by allowing it ... OpenOffice should work fine on an updated Fedora 9 installation. ...
    (Fedora)