Wheezy: VLC player weirdness

Hi,

For some reason VLC player refuses to play video files. It starts up, shows the first frame of the video but doesn't play it further. What's strange, KDE DragonPlayer plays the same videos fine and I believe DragonPlayer relies on VLC libraries to play videos.

Any ideas? Thanks

# aptitude show phonon-backend-vlc
Package: phonon-backend-vlc
State: installed
Version: 0.5.0-1

# aptitude show vlc
Package: vlc
State: installed
Version: 2.0.1-4+b1

  • Re: getting gnome out of xfce4 in debian
    ... think of is to reinstall using the Debian xfce4 iso and add the gnome ... As Doug would say, start Aptitude ... Registered Linux User #454138 ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • VLC missing from Debian Testing repository!
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: How can I refresh Etch completely?