Wheezy removed ifupdown

Hi all

After upgrading the packages in Wheezy amd64 I can't connect to the
network anymore. This is on my htpc where I only have xbmc running. So no
gnome, kde, etc.
Every other computer in the network has no problems.

I can't even ping localhost. It says "connect: Network is unreachable".
What I can do is assign a network address manually. But this doesn't help.

When I try ifdown eth0 it tells me that the command is not found. In the
apt history.log (which you can find below) one can find "Remove:
ifupdown:amd64 (0.7~alpha5+really0.6.16)" which for me seems to be the
cause of the problem.

I now downloaded the package from my laptop, copied it to a usb stick and
installed it with dpkg -i.

But the problem is when I do a dist-upgrade it will ignore the ifupdown
package? Should I now just install the package with apt-get again?
And why did this happen?

/var/log/aptitude:
http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=PwStAR4N
(Maybe not interesting because I only use apt-get)

/var/log/apt/history.log
http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=imeWtBTT

Best regards
Ramon

  • Re: Is apt-get still the cool package installer?
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: how to update Debian OS properly
    ... a repo then  i must comment it after installing the "whatever package" ... this may be due to a bug in apt where pinning by codename was not ... I remember but I can't find a confirmation via google that apt-get has ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • strnsl 0.9.2.3 Released - Network Services Library for Linux Fast-STREAMS
    ... Package strnsl-0.9.2.3 was released under GPLv2 2007-06-24. ... UNIX has traditionally provided three components of the Network ... The OpenSS7 STREAMS Network Services Library package contains header ... Support build on openSUSE 10.2. ...
    (comp.os.linux.announce)
  • Re: How to restore /bin?