Re: Install Squeeze with firmware

On Thu 24 May 2012 at 19:29:59 +0200, Antispammbox-debian wrote:

I try with cat isofile.iso > /dev/sdb1, but the filesystem created on usb do
not compatible with
boot from usb.

The command is

cat isofile.iso > /dev/sdb

Look - it is 'b', not 'b1'. isofile.iso is written to the whole device,
not to a partition on it.

Put tigon_tg3.bin on the root of usb2. Make sure it is a FAT16 partition
*and* is formatted with mkfs.vfat. Only insert usb2 when the installer
asks for firmware. Write down *exactly* what it says and make a note of
*exactly* what happens.

There is another way to proceed if the firmware is not loaded but let us
see what happens first.

  • Re: DigiVox A/D TV-Tuner issue
    ... but obviously not with the USB2 transfer rates. ... I also found a bit of info on ohci-hcd, uhci-hcd, and ehci-hcd, which I didn't ... seems to be saying that you need to load some firmware, to get the card ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: DigiVox A/D TV-Tuner issue
    ... and that's one of the tutorials I've found then. ... v4l-dvb-kernel, downloading the corresponding firmware, modeprobing the ... but obviously not with the USB2 transfer rates. ... Going back to your MSI DigiVox A/D TV card, I found this link on Google, ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Wifi speed issue
    ... I don''t think it is something related to my router cause my PC ... firmware updates for your router ... Modify settings or unsubscribe at: ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: kernel versus broadcom wlan
    ... somehow to block correct name assignment for the "real" device ... when the firmware has been installed). ... I was also told to reboot, ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: ipw2200 on debian (sid) running kernel 2.6.14-2-386
    ... > Intel Corporation ... You need to download firmware from Intel. ... Use module-assistant to build the modules: ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)