Re: kde menu missing back arrow widget

On Thu, 24 May 2012 20:41:37 +0000, Cousin Stanley wrote:

Camaleón wrote:

Google suggests it was deliberately removed:

http://bit.ly/JZsYt7

Cousin Camaleón ....

I did google-ize a bit before posting here but missed the kickoff
information
that is relevant to the missing back arrow widget on the menus ....

I always use the traditional menu when have to load a KDE desktop; I
never liked the way that "kickoff" worked.

At least it's good to know I'm not alone with this particular
problem ....

To be sincere, I was not aware of the arrow. The few times I used the new
menu it was not there, probably because of the KDE version I used.

Thanks for taking the time to help ....

You're welcome.

If you're interested in getting the back-arrow back, you can open a
whishlist report at KDE bugzilla though I won't expect any movement in
this direction...

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

  • kde menu missing back arrow widget
    ... Debian GNU/Linux testing (wheezy) ... Opening the kde menus from the K application launcher ... is missing the back arrow widget under wheezy ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: kde menu missing back arrow widget
    ... I did google-ize a bit before posting here but missed the kickoff ... that is relevant to the missing back arrow widget on the menus .... ... whishlist report at KDE bugzilla though I won't expect any movement in ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: [kde] K-Menu - High-lighting a bit too subtle
    ... If you're using the kickoff style kmenu, the behavior and configuration ... its own settings and widget theme, not the standard kde color settings ... What kde frameworks5 and plasma5 are doing with it I don't know, ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: [kde] Kickoff menu blank
    ... If I switch to classic mode, all my menus and submenus are intact. ... Can anyone tell me what to do to get my Kickoff menu back? ... That's in kcontrol (system settings that aren't system ... with kde shut down) and won't have lost anything. ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: [kde] configuring recent documents number
    ... feature request for 3.x series where it was hard coded to 10 which is ... Have you tried Lancelot (in place of kickoff)? ... This message is from the kde mailing list. ...
    (KDE)