Re: how to update Debian OS properly

On Vi, 25 mai 12, 15:45:30, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
On Fri, 2012-05-25 at 18:36 +0500, Muhammad Yousuf Khan wrote:
A history provides information this way:
package_name (1.11.4) to 1.12.0

do you know any CLI work in same way. i am not using GUI.

A script using apt, aptitude or dpkg might be able to generate a history
too. I once used one of those commands to do this. Can't remember what
command I used. Man pages and --help should help. Writing shell scripts
in a naive way is easy to learn.

dpkg, apt and aptitude have their own log files under /var/log/ (of
course).

Kind regards,
Andrei