Re: how to update Debian OS properly

On Vi, 25 mai 12, 15:45:30, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
On Fri, 2012-05-25 at 18:36 +0500, Muhammad Yousuf Khan wrote:
A history provides information this way:
package_name (1.11.4) to 1.12.0

do you know any CLI work in same way. i am not using GUI.

A script using apt, aptitude or dpkg might be able to generate a history
too. I once used one of those commands to do this. Can't remember what
command I used. Man pages and --help should help. Writing shell scripts
in a naive way is easy to learn.

dpkg, apt and aptitude have their own log files under /var/log/ (of
course).

Kind regards,
Andrei

  • Re: apt or aptitude on sarge
    ... dselect (at least when using the apt method) ... is more properly a front end for apt, which in turn is a front end for dpkg. ... > Everyone always goes on about using aptitude rather than apt, ... In my experience dselect, and I assume aptitude and other dpkg front ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: apt is killing my machine
    ... dpkg, apt, and aptitude performance; it is far more sluggish with Etch ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: [SLE] Help with APT on SuSE 7.3
    ... Like synaptic or aptitude? ... I don't need GUI for APT, tested aptitute in Debian but it didn't give me ... anything that I can't get with commands. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Fake fulfilled dependency without dummy package
    ... I already searched for apt, dpkg, aptitude regarding to this ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: aptitude Re: opacity of Ubuntu
    ... apt is a library that adds dependency resolution and other things to dpkg ... (which apt calls to do actual packaging system operations). ... Aptitude is a curses-based program that uses the apt library (it ... now reportedly has a pointy-clicky GUI). ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)