Problems with flashplayer on a new installation of Squeeze.

Is there a solution to the following problem? (See below) I see that the bug
was reported two years ago, so I am tempted to go for purge, but that may
leave some detritus. :-(

And if I were to purge flashplugin-nonfree, what could I install that would
actually work to play flash?

Would I do better to scrap, what is a very new installation of Squeeze - this
was part of the installation process - and reinstall?

Thanks,
Lisi

root@Squeeze:/home/john# aptitude install flashplugin-nonfree
flashplugin-nonfree
0 packages upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 8 not upgraded.
Need to get 17.9 kB of archives. After unpacking 135 kB will be used.
Get:1 http://mirror.ox.ac.uk/debian/ squeeze/contrib
flashplugin-nonfree amd64 1:2.8.2 [17.9 kB]
Fetched 17.9 kB in 0s (50.4 kB/s)
Selecting previously deselected package flashplugin-nonfree.
(Reading database ... 136074 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking flashplugin-nonfree (from
.../flashplugin-nonfree_1%3a2.8.2_amd64.deb) ...
Processing triggers for man-db ...
Setting up flashplugin-nonfree (1:2.8.2) ...
ERROR: wget failed to download
http://people.debian.org/~bartm/flashplugin-nonfree/fp10.sha512.amd64.pgp.asc

  • Re: macromedia flash plugin for firefox?
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: macromedia flash plugin for firefox?
    ... The during installation aptitude and> update-flashplugin report: ... > Setting up flashplugin-nonfree... ... The output message above from the update-flashplugin script suggests it's decided there's already a flash player installed, but this is a newly built machine with virtually nothing done to it yet except a newly built kernel, X and WindowMaker. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: macromedia flash plugin for firefox?
    ... macromedia.com, installed Takuo's "flashplugin-nonfree" package with dependecies, then ran the "update-flashplugin" script. ... The firefox browser reports "No plug-ins are installed". ... The during installation aptitude and update-flashplugin report: ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: macromedia flash plugin for firefox?
    ... The during installation aptitude and ... > Setting up flashplugin-nonfree... ...
    (Debian-User)
  • wheezy: / mounts readonly at boot, I cant figure out why
    ... # /etc/fstab: static file system information. ... # swap was on /dev/sda5 during installation ... but I think it started after doing a dist-upgrade on wheezy, ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)