Improve leafnode

Leafnode on Debian uses a script do-fetch-news, which cron run
periodically, that checks the variable $NETWORK in
/etc/news/leafnode/debian-config. This variable can have two possible
values: "PPP" and "permanent".

I think that a third value is missing, we can call it "online". Useful
when leafnode runs on mobile devices for example.

Can you suggest me a brief way to improve it. I suppose I can insert a
script in /etc/network/if-up.d/ which checks when online and thes edits
/etc/news/leafnode/debian-config accordingly. I also noticed that exists
another script, network-test, that I can use for this. But I have one
questions:

1. I don't understand if to trigger a script putting it into
/etc/network/if-up.d/ is enough to run it when an interface goes up.

Any clue?
Thanks in advance.
--
Un cinico e' uno che quando annusa i fiori cerca intorno la bara.
-- Russel Lynes

  • Re: Re: Hotspot script not working
    ... I will quote a line from where I downloaded the script ... "Ubuntu lets you easily create a wireless hotspot by using the Network ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Change In Restarting Services
    ... protocol to restart network services using the 'init.d' scripts. ... Their goal is that the code in the current script interface ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Improving leafnode
    ... Leafnode on Debian uses a script do-fetch-news, ... that checks the variable $NETWORK in ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Start rtorrent on bootup in Squeeze
    ... Now, upstart uses dependencies: in my script, you'll find a dependency on network, that is, my script will be started after the network is started. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: exim4 maybe too complex to remain useful
    ... At some point I suppose I should write a script that will check which ... network I'm on and invoke dpkg-reconfigure exim4-config with the right ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)