What could a regular user do with a .rpmdb directory uploaded?

I think I've found a compromised user account.

This is on Debian but alien is installed. The attackers have
not made a move yet, but have done some tests and kept
their connections to scp/sftp to be unnoticed by last.

There is a directory .rpmdb uploaded to their home
directory. How could this be used to set up their
software? I mean, is there a special angle they
are aiming at which achieves a result they would
not have realized by only using make on their sources?

  • Re: Desktop user: Etch or the next testing?
    (Debian-User)
  • RE: Which IM, blog and email service are best for debian users?
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: distributions: UBUNTU vs DEBIAN
    ... No, but the driver and module source are in non-free, and this page: ... commands, and take less than 7 minutes (I just did it while writing this ... Mepis is Debian based so there's nothing there that Debian couldn't do if it ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: OT
    ... control noise on a list like this is to not generate noise. ... Now if this was debian class at university and the teacher ... shallow grasp of politics. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Woody on 486 problem
    ... Remember when Win95 ran well with 16MB RAM? ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ... Its strange that older debian distributions are failing to properly ... And all I need is just simple network client without gui or any services:) ...
    (Debian-User)