Debian showing less RAM
- From: Muhammad Yousuf Khan <sirtcp@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2012 15:52:49 +0500
i am using debian 6.0.4. i have 8GB of ram installed in a server 2GB x
4. bios also shows 8 GB.
however top only shows 2gb or RAM
top - 15:48:29 up 16 min, 1 user, load average: 0.00, 0.01, 0.00
Tasks: 90 total, 1 running, 89 sleeping, 0 stopped, 0 zombie
Cpu(s): 0.0%us, 0.1%sy, 0.0%ni, 99.6%id, 0.3%wa, 0.0%hi, 0.0%si, 0.0%st
Mem: 2273280k total, 79768k used, 2193512k free, 2292k buffers
Swap: 15623088k total, 0k used, 15623088k free, 45456k cached
total used free shared buffers cached
Mem: 2273280 79768 2193512 0 2292 45456
-/+ buffers/cache: 32020 2241260
Swap: 15623088 0 15623088
root@lion:~# df -h
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
442G 550M 419G 1% /
i dont know if its normal but things are confusing me a bit. i have
working space of 442G used 550MB and available 419MB there almost
22GB is missing.
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: which one is faster?
- Next by Date: USB ports not working after device disconnect
- Previous by thread: which one is faster?
- Next by thread: Re: Debian showing less RAM