Re: question on sendmail/procmail and vipul razor

From: Alexander Dalloz (alexander.dalloz_at_uni-bielefeld.de)
Date: 02/17/04

    To: fedora-list@redhat.com
    Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 02:00:42 +0100

    Am Di, den 17.02.2004 schrieb Andrew Robert um 01:44:
    > Hi Everyone,
    >

    > Could someone please advise on how to switch over from the default
    > sendmail to procmail under Fedora CORE1?

    You say procmail and mean postfix :)

    > I would like to avoid some of the security problems that sendmail has
    > had as well as integrate Vipuls Razor anti-spam tool to the procmail
    > filters.

    Hm, these bugs (lst IMHO was in October '03) are fixed. Why don't you
    stay with Sendmail where you might know how to integrate SPAM fighting
    tools? Sorry, I do not want to start a holy MTA war. I just can
    recommend using Sendmail + MimeDefang + SpamAssassin, which would
    integrate Razor and more tools as well.

    > I already have Evolution 1.45 integrated with Spam Assassin but Razor
    > appears to be more effective.
    >

    > Any insight you might have on this would be greatly appreciated.

    Alexander

    Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2166.nptl
    Sirendipity 01:57:01 up 2 days, 5:35, load average: 0.49, 0.34, 0.24
                       [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]

    • question on sendmail/procmail and vipul razor
      ... sendmail to procmail under Fedora CORE1? ... I would like to avoid some of the security problems that sendmail has ... had as well as integrate Vipuls Razor anti-spam tool to the procmail ...
      (Fedora)
    • Fedora CORE1 - question on sendmail/procmail and vipul razor
      ... sendmail to procmail under Fedora CORE1? ... I would like to avoid some of the security problems that sendmail has ... had as well as integrate Vipuls Razor anti-spam tool to the procmail ...
      (alt.os.linux.redhat)
    • RE: MUA Filters vs Procmail filters[was] RE: Mailing list procmailrecipe
      ... IFS stands for Internal Field Separator and has nothing in special to do ... with the forward mechanism or file nor with procmail. ... sendmail it is totally unnecessary to call procmail a second time ... Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2174.nptl ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: Problem with Skunkware procmail 3.1.5 & 5.0.7 MP5
      ... for programs you want to allow sendmail to run. ... It appears to be in configured format followed by the old format. ... And I still need suggestions on how to prevent procmail from hosing my ... the next thing to do is get Spamassassin 3.1.4 to work. ...
      (comp.unix.sco.misc)
    • Re: need help about sendmail
      ... Copying all mail to Archive *The following is probably made obsolete by ... sendmail to archive copies of outgoing mail". ... The Sendmail FAQ does offer three suggestions for doing this, ... In the FAQ, and in the newsgroup, it is also suggested that Procmail can ...
      (RedHat)