Re: Where can I search in the Fedora archive ?

From: dalen (dalen_at_czexan.net)
Date: 02/17/04

    To: fedora-list@redhat.com
    Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 09:30:30 -0600

    Michael Schwendt wrote:
    >>The archive info is on that page, but it is not very intuitive to go to
    >>an unsubscribe page to find the archives.
    >
    > It is not an "unsubscribe page".

    Then it should not be described as such.

    >> Perhaps the "To unsubscribe:"
    >> part of the sig should be dropped or replaced with "List Info:".
    >
    > Smart people look into the headers,

    Thanks for the pointer. I usually don't waste screen space looking at
    the header, although I will earmark it as a potential source of useful
    info. If I were looking for the archives, I would just google for it.

    > or just read the linked page. The current list signature is for all
    > those who don't know how to unsubscribe and ask that on this list.

    So the unsubscribe sig reduces list noise by providing an unsubscribe
    pointer for newbies.

    Another source of list noise is from newbies that ask "where are the
    archives" and those who ask common questions that were asked/answered
    many times before. Perhaps an archive sig pointer that is not buried in
    a header would help reduce this noise.

    Thanks,

    Dale