Fwd: Fedora runs in text mode

From: MB (meelzooi2000_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 02/18/04

    To: fedora-list@redhat.com
    Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 06:00:16 -0800 (PST)

    Thanks for the advice. The problem seems to be
    elsewhere. I typed 'startX' after the bootprocedure
    and after logging in but got several lines like this:

    "Error while loading shared libraries: LibXmuu.so.1:
    cannot open shared object file: no such file or
    directory"

    I also checked /etc/inittab: the runlevel is already 5
    so I didnt change anything.

    Seems like I have to reinstall something... :(

    Btw everyhing worked fine just after installing the
    dloaded version (core1) of Fedora. I got this problem
    after running the up2date tool...

    Tia,
    Marc