RE: Sendmail / Email copy

From: Adam Voigt (adam_at_kotisprop.com)
Date: 03/17/04

    To: For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list@redhat.com>
    Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 14:42:49 -0500

    Well if the "newaliases" doesn't work, did you actually edit a sendmail
    alias in /etc/mail? If yes, did you run "make -C /etc/mail" to have
    sendmail re-generate it's internal DB's?

    The steps I would do, is:

    1. Edit the appropriate file in /etc/mail.
    2. Run: "make -C /etc/mail"
    3. Run: "service sendmail restart"

    It's possible none of what I'm saying will work, but it won't hurt
    either.

    --
    Adam Voigt
    adam@kotisprop.com

    • RE: Sendmail / Email copy - Fixed
      ... I ran newaliases, and it worked on sending it to the PCS phones and the ... local account, and it's now going to all the PCS phones and pager. ... I though restarting sendmail would of loaded ... > On Behalf Of Adam Voigt ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: [SPAM] - RE: Setting up a mail server - Found word(s) listerror in the Text body.
      ... Much rather edit the /etc/mail/sendmail.mc file and run 'make' ... which rebuilds the sendmail.cf file. ... > the sendmail dæmon to listen on the address. ... > still no more listening on localhost. ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: Modifying Sendmails Configuration the Correct way.
      ... not to edit it directly so I edited the ... he's asking a question about sendmail ... If someone asks you directions to the airport, ... that would permanently eliminate the Sendmail configuration problem. ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • Re: Configuring E-mail Services on a Standalone Wkst
      ... > entered the appropriate mail server name, saved the file and rebuilt it. ... I successfully use vi to edit my sendmail .mc file. ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • Re: Where is sendmail.mc ??
      ... In the file /etc/sendmail.cf is written: DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE! ... Postfix is the default for SUSE. ... I have no experience with sendmail and ... Debian installation (http://voip.permentier.com/downloads/Projectwerk ...
      (alt.os.linux.suse)