Re: Mount iso to install rpm's using "add/remove applications" - can't find cd

From: jludwig (wralphie_at_comcast.net)
Date: 04/01/04

    To: For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list@redhat.com>
    Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2004 16:59:43 -0500

    Sounds like the cdrom is not auto-mounting.
    Open a console, or menu run command , or alt-f2 and enter the command
    mount /mnt/cdrom if it's mounted you will get the error message.
    mount: /dev/hdxx already mounted or /mnt/cdrom busy
    mount: according to mtab, /dev/hdxx is already mounted on /mnt/cdrom
    If not you will not get get any return except the prompt.
    Make sure no browsers/file managers are in the directory /mnt/cdrom when
    you do this.

    --
    jludwig <wralphie@comcast.net>

    • Curious problem with the VAX
      ... $ WRITE SYS$OUTPUT "Mount the USERS Filesystem" ... After starting up the following is displayed on my console: ... But when I do a SHOW DEV I get: ... if I then type the same command I get: ...
      (comp.os.vms)
    • RE: Machine not Booting - Continued
      ... mkraid command and the mount command in the script as you suggested (in no ... Otherwise specify the same mkraid and mount command in /etc/rc.local. ... it has no proper file system to mount. ...
      (RedHat)
    • Re: [SLE] Still cannot update beyond original KDE3.3--Exhausted and Depressed
      ... Open Yast, Click on Software, ... to attach the contents of the disks to the existing filesystem. ... mount point is the directory in the filesystem you will attach those ... > Like perhaps give the the exact command and where to ...
      (SuSE)
    • RE: Machine not Booting - Continued
      ... with out the fstab /dev/md0 hashed out. ... have u tried to use the mount ... command to fix bad blocks like you suggested or has this done it already. ... within the Corus group of companies, ...
      (RedHat)
    • RE: Machine not Booting - Continued
      ... The entry in the fstab is now hashed ... command to fix bad blocks like you suggested or has this done it already. ... The error seems like its able to mount the partition but is not able to ... within the Corus group of companies, ...
      (RedHat)