Re: Again problems with shell users

From: Siddharth Toshniwal (tsiddharth_at_kodiaknetworks.com)
Date: 04/03/04

    Date: Sat, 03 Apr 2004 15:51:20 +0530
    To: For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list@redhat.com>

    Hi,

    I had a similar issue with ssh recently (though not exactly the
    same) and the /var/log/secure file showed that I needed a
    shared library that was provided by the latest version of pam.
    Maybe you can try an up2date on pam and check once....

    cheers,
    Siddharth.

    William Hooper wrote:

    >Rolf Berkenbosch said:
    >

    >>How is that log file called?
    >>

    >First check:
    >/var/log/messages
    >/var/log/secure
    >
    >If nothing turns up there...
    >
    >Make sure no one is using SSH.
    >Stop the SSH server:
    ># /sbin/service sshd stop
    >
    >Start SSH in debug mode (this will show you the debug output on the console
    ># /usr/sbin/sshd -dd
    >
    >Try to log into the SSH server.

    • Re: MAC OS-X or Linux ?
      ... While I still haven't found a way to telnet into the mac, I can ssh into ... I just use VNC and view the desktop. ... And the log file management appears to be really neat since it ...
      (comp.os.vms)
    • Re: fish to winXP in konqueror?
      ... But the log file in freeSSHd does not contain any errors: ... 16:14:27 IP 192.168.1.101 SSH mosen disconnected. ... fish actually downloads a small Perl script to help it do it's ssh / scp ...
      (alt.os.linux)
    • Re: any way to confirm break-in?
      ... SSH is attacked ... you have ssh on port 22 you will always have a full log file of silly ... up; reinstall the OS; donload a free Linux antivirus prog (eg. ... it into the 'live' folder structure when you are happy it is clean. ...
      (comp.os.linux.security)
    • RE: Again problems with shell users
      ... > How is that log file called? ... Make sure no one is using SSH. ... Start SSH in debug mode (this will show you the debug output on the console ... Try to log into the SSH server. ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: User audit trails
      ... sudo has it's own log file and the same with ssh. ... Btw, why you don;t ... want to use the native AIX auditing. ...
      (comp.unix.aix)