Re: ipw2100 & kernel 2.4.22

From: Alexander Dalloz (alexander.dalloz_at_uni-bielefeld.de)
Date: 04/09/04

    Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2004 05:42:22 +0200
    To: For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list@redhat.com>

    Am Fr, den 09.04.2004 schrieb John A. Smith um 04:22:

    > I am running FC1 with the 2.4.22.2175.ntpl kernel on an Averatec 5110H
    > with an integrated Intel 2100 pro wireless mini pci. I can't find a
    > download for ipw2100 at the sourceforge project (
    > http://ipw2100.sourceforge.net/#downloads ). Has anyone gotten ipw2100
    > running on this kernel? I don't really want to upgrade the kernel.
    >
    > TIA for any help!
    >
    > - j a s

    You can download the driver source from the above URL. You should have
    had a look into the INSTALL file which is part of the .tgz which states:

    "There are two ways to build the module, either via a patch to your
    kernel, or
    as a stand alone module."

    So no need for a complete custom kernel, but you can build the needed
    module separately. You only need to install the Fedora kernel-source
    package for kernel .2174. Follow the instructions in the INSTALL file.

    Alexander

    Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2174.nptl
    Sirendipity 05:39:30 up 20 days, 13:20, load average: 0.29, 0.36, 0.24
                       [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]

    • Re: Iomega ZIP-100 drive unsupported with jmicron JMB361 chip?
      ... After compilation and installation of the kernel rpm, ... Note that my Fedora 7 and Fedora 8 distributions share no directories ... # IPVS transport protocol load balancing support ... # AX.25 network device drivers ...
      (Linux-Kernel)
    • Re: Iomega ZIP-100 drive unsupported with jmicron JMB361 chip?
      ... After compilation and installation of the kernel rpm, ... Note that my Fedora 7 and Fedora 8 distributions share no directories ... # IPVS transport protocol load balancing support ... # AX.25 network device drivers ...
      (Linux-Kernel)
    • Re: [Xen-devel] Xen patches merged to upstream Linux 2.6.36, plans for 2.6.37?
      ... I must apologize to have to say that Intel IGD VGA passthrough to my Windows XP Home Edition HVM domU did not succeed/work with Xen 4.0.1-rc6-pre hypervisor and Jeremy Fitzhardinge's pv-ops dom0 kernel 2.6.32.19 in my earlier email. ... I have just added a section to my /boot/grub/grub.conf to enable serial console for Xen 4.0.1-rc6-pre and pv-ops dom0 kernel 2.6.32.19 for kernel debugging/troubleshooting. ... title Fedora with Serial Console ...
      (Linux-Kernel)
    • Fedora 16 instabilities
      ... Here's why Fedora 16 isn't ready for prime time. ... seen if rhgb is removed from the kernel boot line, ... Shutdown takes much too long, and often fails completely, like ... If 'startxfce4' is used at a console prompt to start an xfce session, ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: FC6 KDE No Keyboard
      ... Re: emacs!!! ... going back to a previous kernel ... FC6 KDE No Keyboard ... I've since gone back to the default Fedora firewall ...
      (Fedora)