Re: ipw2100 & kernel 2.4.22

From: Alexander Dalloz (alexander.dalloz_at_uni-bielefeld.de)
Date: 04/09/04

    Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2004 05:42:22 +0200
    To: For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list@redhat.com>

    Am Fr, den 09.04.2004 schrieb John A. Smith um 04:22:

    > I am running FC1 with the 2.4.22.2175.ntpl kernel on an Averatec 5110H
    > with an integrated Intel 2100 pro wireless mini pci. I can't find a
    > download for ipw2100 at the sourceforge project (
    > http://ipw2100.sourceforge.net/#downloads ). Has anyone gotten ipw2100
    > running on this kernel? I don't really want to upgrade the kernel.
    >
    > TIA for any help!
    >
    > - j a s

    You can download the driver source from the above URL. You should have
    had a look into the INSTALL file which is part of the .tgz which states:

    "There are two ways to build the module, either via a patch to your
    kernel, or
    as a stand alone module."

    So no need for a complete custom kernel, but you can build the needed
    module separately. You only need to install the Fedora kernel-source
    package for kernel .2174. Follow the instructions in the INSTALL file.

    Alexander

    Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2174.nptl
    Sirendipity 05:39:30 up 20 days, 13:20, load average: 0.29, 0.36, 0.24
                       [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]